Lori Rose’s passion to heal, empower and ignite people’s lives through movement and education came to life when she stepped onto a TEDx stage four days after filing for divorce in 2012 and nervously spoke about peeing in her chair in first grade, to convey the importance of trekking through fear in our lives. In 2016, she left her 15-year career connecting communities via bicycle and pedestrian trails and moved to Greenville, SC to dedicate herself full-time to a two-fold mission: 1) preventing intimate partner violence and abuse, and 2) liberating people through healthy relationships to become the most of who they are.
During her ten years as Fort Wayne Trails’ executive director, Lori co-founded Salsa Loca and brought One Billion Rising to Fort Wayne, part of a global movement to end intimate partner violence and abuse. In her efforts to illuminate others, she also teaches Zumba and partner dance lessons. To fortify her healthy relationship work, she is currently obtaining a certificate in Sexual Health Education at the University of Michigan.
Lori has spoken on stages from TEDx to universities and has won awards including Indiana’s Sagamore of the Wabash, the Greater Fort Wayne Business Weekly 40 Under 40, the Indiana State Trail Advocacy Award, and the YWCA Hope Award for Domestic Violence Prevention and Intervention.
Whether she is hosting flash mobs or attempting to learn the flying trapeze, Lori strives to celebrate people and nature, and have a good laugh at least daily.
PREVIOUS PRESENTATIONS :
- Indiana University - Purdue University Fort Wayne, Intimate Parter Violence: How Victims Leave, September 2016
- Homestead High School, You Matter: Creating Healthy Relationships from the Inside Out, May 2016
- Indiana University - Purdue University Fort Wayne, Healthy Relationships and Sexuality, April 2016
- Purdue University, Pi Beta Phi, The Blossoming Soul Workshop, April and October, 2015
- Cintas Corporation, The Whole Self and Personal Health: The Foundation of Healthy Relationships, October 2015
- University of Saint Francis, We Are All One Billion Rising - Preventing the One in Three, February 2013 and September 2015
- Creative Women of the World, Reconnect and Find Your Groove, August and October, 2015
- Crossfit Praus, Heal, Empower, Ignite Workshop, April 2015
- The Fortess, Kampala, Uganda, Creating the Love that Frees Us: The Rose Model for Healthy Relationships, February 2015 (via Skype)
- Indiana Tech, Preventing Violence and Abuse: Recognizing Early Warning Signs, February 2014
- YWCA of Northeast Indiana, The Journey from Victim, to Survivor, to Thriver, October 2014
- Allen County Public Library, Step onto the Dance Floor of Life: The Rose Model for Healthy Relationships, September 2014
- Gateway Woods School, Building Healthy Relationships and Intimacy, August 2013 and March 2014
- TEDx Fort Wayne, The Transformative Power of Connection, May 2012
©2018 The Priceless Movement. All Rights Reserved.